Blacked-out from end to end, the 2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse® delivers pure, premium Indian Motorcycle performance!
Indian Motorcycle®, America’s first motorcycle company, presents the edgiest member of the Indian® Chief® line-up and the first 2016 model — the Indian® Chief Dark Horse®.
The Indian® Chief Dark Horse® is a cruiser built upon the successful Indian® Chief® platform. Unlike other bikes in the Indian Motorcycle® line-up, it is understated with only a flash of chrome and adds a healthy dose of matte black paint to create one of the most confident silhouettes on the market. By all but eliminating chrome from the motorcycle and swapping to cast wheels, the Dark Horse™ conveys an aggressive pose, and being the lightest in the series, is the quickest model in the Chief® family.
Striking an ideal balance of attitude and features, the 2016 Indian® Chief Dark Horse® delivers the style, quality and power expected from an Indian Motorcycle®, and starts at just $16,999. The Dark Horse™ conveys a bold attitude that demands attention for all the right reasons.
Blacked-out from end to end, the Dark Horse™ does not lack features. Powered by the highly rated Thunder Stroke® 111 engine and wrapped in the same chassis and suspension of the Indian® Chief® Classic, the Dark Horse™ also maintains ABS, a remote key fob for keyless ignition, electronic cruise control, and features a two-year unlimited mileage factory warranty.
Built to be an aggressive solo ride, the Dark Horse™ loses the oil cooler, analogue fuel gauge and driving lights of the Chief® Classic. A passenger seat plus either passenger foot-pegs or floorboards are available as part of the Genuine Indian Motorcycle® Accessory line-up for those who want to ride two-up.
The Indian® Chief Dark Horse® is an ideal motorcycle for those seeking to customize their rides. With 40 available accessories, riders can add components to blackout their ride even more.
Items such as ape hanger handlebars, accessory air cleaners, fender struts, slip-on exhaust with black heat shields and exhaust tips, and black fender trim help create the fully blacked-out look.
For more details and information check out the expanded version of this article at www.GraceRiderMag.com or log on to: www.IndianMotorcycle.com.
- Engine: THUNDER STROKE® 111
- Displacement: 111 CU IN / 1811 CC
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976″ X 4.449″ / 101MM X 113MM
- Torque: 119.2 FT-LBS/ 138.9 N M @ 3000 RPM/2600 RPM
- Horsepower: 73.33 hp @ 4500 rpm
- Fuel System: CLOSED LOOP FUEL INJECION /54MM BORE
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 GALLONS / 20.8 LITERS
- Clutch: WET, MULTI-PLATE
- Exhaust: SPLIT DUAL EXHAUST W/ CROSS-OVER
- Weight: 751 LBS / 341 KG
- Height :46.3 IN / 1176 MM
- Width: 40.4 IN / 1025 MM
- Length :103.5 IN / 2630 MM
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 IN / 140 MM
- Wheelbase: 68.1 IN / 1730 MM
- Seat Height: 26.0 IN / 660 MM
- Primary Drive: GEAR DRIVE WET CLUTCH
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Gear Ratios: 9.403 : 1 / 6.411 : 1 / 4.763 : 1 / 3.796 : 1 / 3.243 : 1 / 2.789 : 1
- Capacity: 1260 LBS / 573 KGS
- Front Suspension: TELESCOPIC FORK/4.7 IN (119 MM) – 46MM CARTRIDGE FORKS WITH DUAL RATE SPRINGS
- Rear Suspension: SINGLE SHOCK / 3.7 IN MECHANICAL PRELOAD (94 MM MECHANICAL PRELOAD)
- Rake: 29°
- Trail: 6.1 IN / 155.0 MM
- Brakes: FrontDUAL / FLOATING ROTOR / 4 PISTON CALIPER DUAL FRONT / 300MM WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKES
- Brakes: RearSINGLE / FLOATING ROTOR / 2 PISTON CALIPER / 300MM WITH ANTI-LOCK BRAKES
- Tires: FrontDUNLOP® ELITE 3 130/90B16 73H
- Tires: RearDUNLOP® AMERICAN ELITE 180/65B16 81H
- Wheels: FrontCAST 16″ X 3.5″
- Wheels: RearCAST 16″ X 5″